Sunday, October 7, 2012

WHY? why write a blog? (the First Post)

If one is about to start a great new adventure, one must write about it! I like to write. It helps me sort things out. it helps document things. Others can read my writing if they want to know what's going on. But, mainly, I enjoy writing. 

What adventure? 

PANAMA! 


We are moving to Panama! Yes, the Panama in Central America, specifically David, Chiriqui Provence, Republic of Panama. It's in western Panama not far from the Costa Rica border. We fell in love with the country, this area, and we are excited to live there. There will be another post coming along to explain why we chose this spot. But, at the moment, we are in the insanity of moving from our long time home in Florida. 


Today is Oct 7th, 2012. We have been thinking about moving for a couple years, actively preparing for nine months, and we are almost ready. I am leaving on the 10th, in three days! My husband and his mother are also moving, and will follow as soon as they have made the necessary arrangements. Our house is on the market. Ma's house will be on the market this coming week. Things are in boxes and suitcases. Final cleaning out of houses is in progress. Potential buyers are looking. It's a bit nuts right now but this too shall pass.


My job in Panama will be to buy a car, find a house, and have things set up for everyone else. I need to arrange phone service, internet, mail, and all the usual necessities that goes with daily living. I'm very lucky to have some great friends both in person and on line who can help me get situated. I'm sure there will be challenges but I'm feeling confident that this is going to be a very good move. 


And, my job now on this new blog is to learn my way around the site and figure out how the various features work, so I'm off to see what I can get into. There will be more on the Panama move coming very soon! 

I've also made a few videos so here's a few links. 

The Move to Panama

Sept 25, 2012, outdoors

Sept 25, 2012 Indoors

9/28/12 The move to Panama in progress

October 1, 1012 The Move to Panama

Oct 4, 2012

Apparently I made more than I thought! These document the house in Florida as it goes through the final stages of getting it fixed up and ready to put on the market. So, if you want to know where I used to live, here you go. 

1 comment: