Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sunday 10/21/2012 from David, Panama


Friends!!
It's wonderful how much a phone call can brighten your day! My first call ever on my cell phone was from Ryan, AKA Halfthrottle, the guy who makes YouTube videos  of his motorcycle adventures in Panama. He has been in the US working so I was very surprised to hear from him and find out that he is here in town to see his wife. We are going to get together this afternoon. It will be great to see friends, and they can help me with some of my questions too. 
I went to the park again yesterday afternoon for the internet. The connection wasn't good and Joel and I could barely talk, so we ended up typing a lot but at least we could communicate a little. The park was pretty nuts, as usual. It's crowded with people and there's always noisy traffic around the perimeter. There was a musical performance going on too, so I went to the opposite side where it was a bit quieter. Green parrots were making a racket above me though. Four more days until internet at the house, not that I'm counting. I had a dream that they showed up on Monday.
I am not a solitary sort of person. I like some time to myself, of course, but not all day every day. I notice how much better I feel just going to Do-It center and saying hello to the saleslady who helped me, even if I don't understand everything she says. I am looking forward to Lorraine, my traveling companion who will stay with me a few days when she returns (maybe tomorrow). And, I'm excited to see Ryan and Lidia this afternoon. Going to the park and being around people doesn't quite do it for me but people I can talk to, friends, that feels really good. I'm staying away from coffee too, and I feel much better than I did that first day. It had to be the caffeine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment